Thursday, February 5, 2009

Broken

Today, someone let me know that an old prospect - one that had gotten "serious" - got engaged. This took me a bit by surprise, since as far as I knew he had gotten married last year. While I don't know the whole story, it means that either the engagement was broken or that they got married last year and it didn't last.

Do you know what the saddest part about that is? I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the courage of whoever broke the engagement or the marriage. I know I didn't have the courage to break an engagement (although I did have the courage to break off my relationship with that particular young man prior to its becoming an engagement), and I don't think I have the courage to destroy my marriage.

Another old prospect also got engaged today, to a friend of mine. That happens to me quite a bit; it's a small world we live in. I'm happy for them, of course, and I wish them much joy. And I'm so glad it isn't me he's marrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment